Nominations CLOSED for the 6th Annual Theobald Award
In honor of the Theobald family's long-standing history in Breckenridge and their commitment to historic preservation and heritage tourism, the Breckenridge Heritage Alliance is pleased to announce the 6th Annual Theobald Award, to be presented in August 2017.
CLICK HERE for more information about the Theobald Award and nomination process and criteria.
CLICK HERE to download the nomination form.
Nominations are due to the Breckenridge Heritage Alliance by April 24, 2017. You may email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, mail them to us at PO Box 2460 Breckenridge, CO 80424 or deliver them to our administrative office at 309 North Main Street in Breckenridge.
The Theobald Award will recognize outstanding contributions to the history of the Breckenridge area. The award will be presented annually and will identify a person, business or project that does one or more of the following:
- Exemplifies the Town’s commitment to historic preservation
- Celebrates the history of Breckenridge in a unique way
- Demonstrates leadership and/or volunteerism for historic preservation and heritage tourism
- Discovers new facts or stories about Breckenridge’s history, to be shared with the public
Contact Michele at 970-453-9767 x103 or email email@example.com
The Theobald family traces its history back six generations, to the days when Breckenridge was no more than a fledgling mining town. While generations of Theobald family members made a mark on Breckenridge’s history, Robin Theobald, born in Breckenridge in 1951, and his wife Patty, have been instrumental in maintaining the community that Robin’s ancestors helped create. Together the two have preserved 15 historic buildings in Breckenridge. In 1972, years before the Breckenridge Historic District and local design guidelines existed, the Theobald's completed their first historic preservation project. Their more recent projects include the Tin Shop, now used as a guest artist studio, the Barney Ford Victorian Home, now operating as a house museum dedicated to Breckenridge’s first black businessman, and the 1880 general store at the corner of Ski Hill Road and Main Street.